Wednesday, May 04, 2005

T Minus Two Days and Counting...

Hello all...yes, I know. I've been away for a very long time and I'm pretty sure that makes me some sort of a bad person. I just haven't felt like I've had much to blog about as of late but I thought now might be the right time to make a re-appearance. Do I now have something to say that would be worthy of a blog? No, prolly not. But I'm going to do it anyway..;)

I guess I should maybe follow up on my last post with my wonderous breakthrough with the dog walking technique. It has been, what, 21 or 22 days now and I'm happy to report that the dog walking continues to be a success. Ah, sweet blessed success! The general way of things are much more relaxed around our house since then and forever more I will always praise and exhault the makers of such wonderful contraptions. Now if I could only get *damn dog* to stop howling at me when I try to punish him for something. I wonder if the Halti-makers have created something to help with the phenomena of Beagle howling..hmm.

On another equally happy note, I am VERY excited to report that the premiere of Kingdom of Heaven is now only TWO days away! Yes, I know, I can hardly believe it myself! Now why, you might ask, is this little tidbit just so important to me? Well for those of you who do not know me (or not that well), one of the very first things you should know and will undoubtedly learn about me is that I have a complete and utter (although entirely healthy ;) ) obsession for Orlando Bloom. I know..he is really hot, isn't he?!

Okay yes, I will admit that it might be strange for an almost 30 year-old, happily married woman to have what most people would term a "pre-teen fascination" with an actor/celebrity but alas, it is true and I am not ashamed to admit it! It started *way* back in 2002 when my brother in law convinced me to sit down and watch the Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring extended edition DVD with him that we had bought him for Christmas. Just one look at the blonde elf Legolas and I was smitten! And while I admit that I was originally just fascinated with the whole elf concept, it quickly came to be as much about the person that portrayed Legolas as about the character and movie itself. Don't get me wrong, LOTR is still (and prolly always will be) my favourite movie/book and I'm fascinated by all things Tolkien but it goes a bit beyond that too. And well, it has just grown from there, through the release of the remaining LOTR movies and then on to Orlando's *other* movies after that. So yeah, I'm a bit strange but I take heart in knowing that I'm not the only one! I mean, the man has a HUGE fan base and I'm pretty sure that it can't all be made up of pre-teen girls. And after all, one of my best friends is probably the only other person in the world that I know that could be considered a bigger Orlando fan than I am!

And after saying all of that, I have to say that I have what can only be the sweetest, most patient, loving, indulgent husband in the entire world as he not only puts up with what he calls my "Orlando Obsession", but he actually *feeds* it! I can not even count the number of times he has put up with watching the various releases of LOTR (in theatrical and extended edition format) and he really doesn't complain all that much about it. And then for Christmas 2003, he gave me what what I will always consider to be one of the best Christmas presents that I have ever received when he bought me tickets to go to the LOTR trilogy marathon. But it gets better..not only did he buy me tickets but he *came with me* too! He happily tolerated spending an obscene 14 hours straight in a movie theatre one cold December day so that I could watch the three LOTR movies back to back to back and still...no complaints! He just rocks! On top of that, he has bought me SO many LOTR/Orlando themed gifts that I think I've just about lost track, including posters, calendars, puzzles and that wonderful autographed Orlando Bloom framed photo that he bought me for Valentines Day..;) And after saying all of this, it shouldn't surprise you that for my approaching 30th birthday he has bought me tickets to attend the LOTR symphony..on my actual birthday!! Back off ladies, I know I'm a lucky girl..:)

But anyway, it seems that I've got a bit off topic from my original point. That point is that Orlando's new movie, Kingdom of Heaven comes out on Friday and frankly, I can't wait. Although this time, I thought that I might give Adam (lovely husband) a break from battling the opening night crowds and friend Tracy has so graciously agreed to go with me. I just hope she knows what she is getting into!! LOL And besides, Adam and I can go on Saturday night..;) See? Told you that I was obsessed!

No comments: