Friday, November 11, 2005

Freaky coincidences..

Okay...so I'll be the first to admit that, for whatever reason, strange things always seem to happen to me. For instance, as many of you that know me can attest, it is not possible for me to go out to a restaurant or a fast food place to order something without the order being screwed up. I don't know how it happens or why it happens but it ALWAYS happens. It is something I've learned to deal with. I'm thinking that somewhere, somehow I have managed to offend the Kharma gods and they are exacting their just revenge. Anyway..back to the point.

So yesterday morning, I woke up and as soon as my feet touched the carpet beside my bed there was suddenly a song playing loud and proud in my head. Now this in itself isn't an odd experience, although I am loathe to admit that usually it is something by Barry Manilow, which is also very annoying but so not the point. So, this time the song that was running through my head was none other than "Lost in Emotion" by Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam. And yeah..I know.."Who??". But all you ladies of the 80's may recognize it and know that it is one of those songs that is just catchy enough to stay lodged in there allllll day.

Yes, I was grooving in my kitchen, regaling my dog with my own person rendition of Lost in Emotion and just going with it because frankly, I do rather like the song even if I haven't heard it in roughly 10 years..lol. And it stayed with me all morning so that I was singing it at my desk too.

But then lunch came and I headed home as I usually do to take Jasper for a walk, which in itself wasn't too eventful. But then it happened...when I jumped in my car to head back to work, I turned on the radio and guess what song was playing?? Oh yeah..you guessed it. Lost in Emotion by Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam. Seriously!! What are the chances!

So yeah, that freaked me out a little and one experience like that was MORE than enough but wouldn't you know it, it happened again this morning. No, it was Lost in Emotion on replay. Instead, I was listen to an interview on the radio on my way to work this morning and they were talking to Robert Downey Jr. about his new movie coming out this weekend called Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. And as I was listening to him talk about it, I pulled up to a stop light and wouldn't you know it...a big, white moving van drove by with a billboard on the side advertising a movie. What movie, you ask? Yep..Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Honestly.

I think I'm being watched..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

coincidences anyone??
Fun is coming your way....these things happen is multiples and that is always fun!

B said...

Heather! You are the worst blogger updater in the world! LOL

Just kidding...you probably have a life, unlike me. And since I'm almost positive that you're the only one that reads my blog, I'll forgive you ;)

Question though...I'm seriously thinking about reclaiming my canadian citizenship (since i'm half and half)...are there nice, single, canadian men looking for a slightly unbalanced redhead from indiana because I think i've found every nutjob in the united states, and i need a change of scenery.......


seriously though...thanks for reading my stuff and leaving me notes...it's the highlight of my day.